Attendance Line: (505) 836-4911
Absences may be excused for the following reasons with proper notification:
- Illness (including chronic illness documented on a health plan, IEP or 504 plan)
- Limited family emergencies
- Family deaths
- Medical, health or legal appointments
- Religious commitments
- College visits
- Deployment of a military parent
- Limited extenuating circumstances as approved in advance by the school principal
Review the complete APS Attendance Policy
Cell Phones/Electronic Devices
Review the APS Acceptable Student Use of Personal Electronic Devices
Note: It is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian of the student to retrieve confiscated cell phones or other electronic devices according to the school procedures. The school may keep items for extended periods of time for repeat offenses.
Dress Code/School Uniforms
- Collared polo shirts, any color, striped or solid (no insignia larger than 3 inches)
- Solid color jeans or uniform pants/slacks –no holes, shred or rips
- Capris, crop pants and shorts, denim or uniform with no holes, shred or rips.
- Shorts must be no shorter than mid-thigh (no short shorts)
- Sweatshirts and hoodie logos may be APS schools, state sports team logos and brand names
- For health/safety reasons, shoes must be worn at all times. NO FLIP FLOPS
- Long Sleeves and Undershirts worn under the polo shirts are OK
MODESTY ZONE- ( The area between the knees and shoulders ) Any clothing that does not cover or exposes the body in the “modesty zone” is not permitted.
The administrators have the discretion to determine what is appropriate and inappropriate attire. Also, they reserve the right to bar or remove from school those students whose personal appearance is disruptive to the educational process and the orderly operation of the school.